Purchasing the right crib is an important step in preparing your home for baby. Cribs sold at Walmart comply with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and industry standards. This means cribs sold at Walmart meet safety guidelines and have been tested for compliance with those standards.
"Bare is best"
Place baby on his/her back on a firm tight-fitting mattress in a crib that meets current safety standards.
- Remove pillows, quilts, comforters, sheepskins, pillow-like stuffed toys, and other soft products from the crib.
- For warmth dress baby in footed pajamas.
- Positioning devices are unnecessary and be harmful.
- Do not place baby on a waterbed, sofa, soft mattress, pillow, or other soft surface to sleep.
Crib safety tips
- Use a firm tight-fitting mattress so a baby cannot get trapped between the mattress and the crib.
- Make sure there are no missing, loose, broken, or improperly installed screws, brackets or other hardware on the crib or mattress support.
- There should be no more than 2 3/8 inches (about the width of a soda can) between crib slats so a baby's body cannot fit through the slats, and there should be no missing or cracked slats.
- There should be no corner posts over 1/16th of an inch high so a baby's clothing cannot get trapped.
For more information please visit the CPSC website:
Used with permission. © 2015 Walmart. All Rights Reserved. See full legal.
Used with permission. © 2014 Walmart. All Rights Reserved. See full legal.
Important Walmart Disclaimer: All content provided is for informational purposes only. Neither the author nor Walmart.com assumes any responsibility for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the subject matter. Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party, product, service or information provided on this site.